More pictures (click to enlarge):
Chiva Som Destination Spa Holiday video:
A Taste of Chiva-Som is the ideal retreat for first time vistors to Chiva Som. Giving you multiple choices from a variety of areas, this retreat allows you to choose which services and therapies suit you best. The first person you meet is your health and wellness advisor who will guide you to create your ideal programme. Then you can decide from the generous allocation of treatment minutes if you want more time in the spa, with our physiotherapists, improving your fitness or sampling the diverse holistic therapies. The choice is yours.
- 7 nights accommodation
- 3 spa cuisine meals per day (beginning with dinner)
- individual health and wellness consultation
- choice of daily massage per night of stay (Thai, Chiva Som, Invigorating, or Relaxing foot massage)
- Daily fitness and leisure activities (8 classes daily)
- Unlimited use of water therapy suites (steam, sauna and jacuzzi)
- Return airport transfers
- Return flights from UK to Bangkok, Thailand
PRICES FROM £3,570 PER PERSON – based on twin room sharing
Double occupancy in Thai Pavilion receive complimentary couple treatments (in addition to those included in your chosen programme). Choose from Meditation, Tai Chi, Thai Herbal Massage ot Thai Boxing).
VALID FROM O1 MAY TO 30 SEPTEMBER 2012
Each room has satellite colour TV, a DVD player and ceiling fans. Air conditioning is available for maximum temperature control and comfort, International Direct Dial telephones, bathrobes, hair dryers, refrigerators and room safes are standard in all rooms.
All rooms at Chiva-Som also allow for personalisation for you, the scent burned in oil burners in each room is individually chosen, the amenities in the bathroom are altered depending on your needs and the linen and pillows used within the bedroom can be changed depending on your preference. All Chiva-Som suites come with private butler service throughout your stay.
Ocean View Room: has its own balcony overlooking the swimming pool, beach and the Gulf of Thailand. These rooms have a bathtub with shower included. Double beds are standard and they can be separated into two twin beds if requested.
Thai Pavillions: traditional Thai style buildings are set in landscaped gardens overlooking the resort’s lake or gardens. Grouped together, three Pavilions share a terrace and outdoor Sala sitting area. These rooms have a separate shower cubicle from the bathtub.
Herbal Suites and Fragrence Suites: provide a separate living room to bedroom area. Adjoining both the bedroom and living room is an outdoor terrace overlooking the Gulf of Thailand. All suites come with Butler Service throughout your stay.
Rainforest Suites: offer a separate living room to bedroom, a guest bathroom and separate shower to bathtub area. Included in these suites is a separate dressing and wardrobe area. These suites have an extended terrace overlooking the Gulf of Thailand.
Golden Bo Suite: includes a large living room, dining area and day area which all lead out to the swimming pool and the suite’s private outdoor terrace. A guest bathroom is included with the suite plus a circular Jacuzzi in the main bathroom. There is a separate dressing and wardrobe area leading from the main bedroom giving guests ample space for personal items.
Leelawadee Suite: Chiva-Som’s top suite. The suite offers a private entrance and includes a spacious living room and dining room with a separate kitchen to host private dining. The bedroom has an extensive walk in dressing and wardrobe area giving guests ample space for personal items. The main bathroom hosts a large circular Jacuzzi and there is an additional guest bathroom accessible from the living room. The suite opens out into a large private garden and outdoor terrace overlooking the Gulf of Thailand where guests can enjoy private meditation and yoga sessions.
A secluded world of beauty and serenity, Chiva-Som is the “Haven of Life.” Nestled within seven acres of lush tropical gardens, this beachfront health resort represents tranquillity at its best. Focusing on greater well-being and vitality, Chiva-Som offers extensive physiotherapy, fitness, spa and holistic health facilities to help you relax, restore and rejuvenate. Personalised programmes and treatments are available for everyone from weight management and stress reduction to skin rejuvenation and longevity. Choose from an extensive range of over 150 treatments, improve your fitness with Tai Chi, Pilates and personal training classes and heal your mind and body with yogic technologies, complementary therapies and medical services.
TRANSFER: 3 hours by road from Bangkok
- The Emerald Room Restaurant – serves spa cuisine meals included in the daily programme with an emphasis on low fat, lower calorie food with some vegetarian and wheat, gluten, dairy and sugar-free dishes integrated into the menus.
- Taste of Siam Restaurant – offers a superb range of international snack foods and drinks for those not participating in a strict meal plan and also specialises in authentic Thai dinners.
- The Orchid Lounge – serves an extensive choice of drinks (mocktails and teas) and refreshments available to quench your thirst at any time of the day.
- Library – A variety of books, magazines and newspapers are available in the Library with free Broadband Internet and WIFI access.
- Chiva-Som Boutique – carries a range of essential items, books, artefacts, souvenirs and branded Chiva-Som products.
- Gymnasium – state-of-the-art, high technology equipment that amounts to over 30 cardio and resistance machines; all coming together to make your exercise programme successful, be it for weight loss, toning or shaping.
- Dance Studio – programmes include various exercises such as Aerobic, Step Aerobic, Dancing, Abdominal, Buttocks and Thighs workout, Pilates, Mind & Body Conditioning.
- Pilates Studio – fully equipped Studio includes machines such as Reformers, a Cadillac, Wall Units, Combo Chair and various accessories to enhance your Pilates experience and provide a challenge.
- Kinesis Studio – four stations that develop the body at different angles come together to provide a well-balanced functional workout. This form of training can be done as a class or individually to improve strength, co-ordination and balance.
- Fitness Testing Room – assessing flexibility, muscle strength and Cardio-respiratory Endurance will ensure that the fitness programme prescribed suits your body’s needs and goals as well as being safe.
- Yoga Sala – specially designed area has an extensive range of yoga equipment that will help enhance yoga practice whatever level you are.
- Yoga Pavilion – this open-air pavilion, with its wide floor space, gives a comfortable feeling while you exercise. Designed so the fresh sea breeze blows through, it is ideal for all types of exercise. Relax with breathing yoga or work up a sweat with Thai Boxing.
- Tai Chi Pavilion – helps to make you absorb full natural energy as well as being relaxing and calm while doing activities such as Tai Chi, Sunrise Yoga, etc.
- Outdoor Swimming Pool – maintained with the environmentally friendly salt water chlorination system, our outdoor pool is 20 by 15 metres of pure luxury. Attentive pool staff will keep you refreshed with cold towels and water to make your experience complete.
- Watsu Pool – developed by a Shiatsu therapist, Watsu is a treatment that relaxes the body and mind at the same time. Let one of our therapists help you drift in a relaxed state and improve your flexibility and mobility.
- Bathing Pavilion – main indoor pool complex contains a temperature controlled 20-metre pool treated without conventional chlorine, a steam room, Jacuzzi, cold plunge pool, Kneipp foot passage and male and female changing rooms.
Seen this holiday cheaper? See our guide to
the real price of a wellness holiday
to ensure you’re getting a truly inclusive price.
DESTINATION SPA, 7 NIGHTS HOLIDAYS:
PRICES FROM £3,570* (May to September) per person, based on two people sharing an Ocean View Room with return flights from London to Bangkok (one stop en-route) in economy class.
Single supplement from £1,165.
HIGH SEASON (October to April) PRICES ON REQUEST
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Return flights from London to Bangkok (one stop en-route) in economy class
- 7 nights accommodation in an Ocean View Room, based on two people sharing
- 3 meals per day
- Individual health and wellness consultation
- Choice of daily massage
- Daily fitness and leisure activities
- Unlimited use of water therapy suites
- Return airport transfers
- Thai Pavilions: from £13 per person per night
- Herbal Suites and Fragrance Suites: from £27 per person per night
- Rainforest Suites: from £31 per person per night
- Golden Bo Suite: from £56 per person per night
- Leelawadee Suite: from £123 per person per night
- Eva Air, (Non-stop) from £245 supplement per person
- British Airways, (Non-stop) from £285 supplement per person
*These prices are meant as a guideline only to give an indication of the approximate price for the current (low) season. Our “from” prices are updated monthly to give the most accurate indication. However, all holidays are individually priced according to your individual requirements.
“I cannot possibly address this to one person alone. You all have been exemplary as hospitality providers. The best thing is that you did not work as parts of your duties, you put your warm and caring hearts, your souls and MIND into it that makes Chiva-Som my top favourite destination. I must not forget that the credits for having such staff and training them so well has to be given to the upper management too.
Hats off to all, from the porters out front to the reservation, reception, spa, restaurant and cleaning crews.
Hope to see all of you again soon. Thank you for such a memorable stay, from the bottom of my heart.”
Yasmin Jafferi, June 2011
“Thanks to you & your team for making our 1st visit to Chiva Som such a just a wonderful one. You were mentioning how you came as a guest almost 8 years ago when you were offered the position of General Manager and promptly came back after a month to make Chiva Som your home! You also mentioned that over half your guests are repeat guests – after our visit, we realise why guests keep wanting to come back. All of us will also fall into that category and you will hopefully see us sometime soon.
Please pass on our compliments to the chef & his team for preparing some delicious food that was so healthy – we were 2 vegetarians in our group and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I believe that the Chiva Som wellness team came to Mumbai sometime last year to market the treatments, etc. May I suggest that you include Kolkata as a stop in your next India Tour and also add your chef to the team. I spoke to your Executive Chef and mentioned this idea to him as well.
Some of the treatments were amazing – I particularly enjoyed the Chi-Nei-Tsang and Watsu treatments. Some of us enjoyed the kinesis and classes as well. Our sincere thanks to the spa & fitness team for making our visit truly special.
We must mention the excellent and efficient service that was displayed by everyone. We were not told a “No” for anything. The restaurant staff – Tum, La, Udi, June and so many others whose names we do not recall – were amazing and anticipated all our special and individual requests after the 1st day itself.
The best part is that we are all taking steps forward to ensure that we come back to Chiva Som healthier than how we left it!”
Yash Poddar, November 2010
“My wife Minal and I had an absolutely fantastic time. I am feeling very focused and motivated now and have been put on the right track to better health. The food here was so incredible; I didn’t even miss Indian food. I plan to return.”
Niraj Bajaj, April 2010
“Take advantage of every class/therapy on offer and you won’t have time to draw breath. There are too many places where you can be so fruitfully occupied, from Tai Chi at dawn to the final abs, butts and thighs class of the day. The therapists are outstanding.”
Michael Gebicki – Good Health magazine, January 2010
“My husband and I recently spent 3 wonderful days at Chiva Som after being lucky enough to win the trip at a Business Chicks networking breakfast in Perth, Australia. The feeling of peace and tranquility was lovely and I have to commend the immaculately kept gardens and outdoor areas – beautiful. The staff were superb, giving exeptional service and attention at all times. The food, the treatments, the activities were all fabulous. I just wish we could have stayed longer. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to stay at Chiva Som.”
Renata Iannetta, November 2009
I love going to Chiva-Som in Thailand. It’s a ravishing health spa where you can lose weight, calm down and be pampered into oblivion.”
Elizabeth Hurley, 2009
“I had a fantastic stay in a very beautiful place. Staff were excellent with very helpful and prompt service. Room was excellent. Food was absolutely brilliant – even though I have lots of food allergies I could enjoy the food and was very impressed that the kitchen could prepare special menus for me. I will come back for a longer stay and try the detox program.”
A H Bubber, October 2009
“Boasting 58 rooms and suites with 72 spa treatment rooms, the spa offers an incredible array of treatments and holistic wellbeing. They have some of the best energy healers as well as complete medical facilities. Personally speaking, it is the best spa in the world.”
Jenni Lipa, Spa Trek Travel July 2009
“I wanted to thank [Richard Currall] again for healing my backache. I still find it unbelievable that, in a session of less than 10 mins, you were able to treat a pain that has been a major source of discomfort for more than 10 yrs. Thank you – It was worth coming to Chiva-Som.”
Eynour Boutia, 2009
“My health and wellness consultant was a reassuringly healthy and well looking Australian lady called Nadine. Nadine is a naturopath which is a medical practitioner who encourages the body to heal itself…With Nadine’s help, I chose from a weekly timetable of activities which Chiva-Som’s 74 therapists, many of whom are Thai with names as exotic as the activities they run…[But] the clearest evidence of health consciousness at Chiva-Som is not so much in what you do – or what is done to you – but what you eat. There are two top class eateries; the international Emerald Room which at breakfast boasts an astounding array of exotic fruits, cereals and spices or the beachside chic of Taste of Siam.”
John Nathan, The Jewish Chronicle, 16 April 2009
“Extraordinary stay. Everything was sensational from the staff/service to the rooms and treatments to food.”
S. Asomull, December 2008
“A lot of people think that if they wish to be healthy, they must eat tasteless food. It is not so at the Chiva-Som. The food here is super delicious. The menu reminds me of what really healthy food should be.”
Yue Sai Kan, 2008
“Chiva-Som changed my life. In just three days. I’ve loosened up my mind and overhauled my diet (and lost a kilo or two – amazing what minimal sugar does to your weight). Above all, it’s made me realise the importance of taking time out of our crazy-busy lives to nurture our minds, bodies and spirits for the sake of our long-term health. With its accommodating staff and tranquil vibe, Chiva-Som is the perfect setting for rediscovering life’s fundamentals. Oh bless Chiva-Som, the haven of my life. I’ll be back.”
Ms. Felicity Percival, editor of Australian Women’s Health, September 2008
“Chiva-Som wins awards for its spa cuisine. It is appallingly healthy – no salt, no fat, no sugar … no taste, you would think, but it is cooked with flair and sauced with more than virtue.”
Michael Buerk, Financial Times: Weekend 9 August 2008
“Pure bliss! After our 4th time your immaculate standard has not dropped!”
Khun Umaworn and Hon. Simon Percy Windsor-Clive (UK), July 2008
“I am addicted! Just love everything – Massages, food, hospitality – everything! See you soon.”
Ms. Avanti Birla, July 2008
“There are health retreats and then there is Chiva-Som. The world’s original luxury destination spa in the seaside village of Hua Hin, Thailand, attracts big-name celebrities and Fortune 500 folk”.
Herald Sun, June 2008
“I had a very nice stay, and even wish it was longer. Physiotherapists were very useful, stretch classes were great. Myotherapy was fantastic – it left my back pain-free, relieving me of my chronic back condition. Will be back hopefully in the near future with my wife.”
A Kirloskar from Pune, February 2008
“One of the best health resorts in the world, Chiva-Som, meaning “haven of life”, is renowned for its holistic philosophies and beautiful beachfront location on the Gulf of Thailand”.
Tatler: Travel Guide, January 2008
“Excellent. I feel 100% relaxed. Chiva-Som magic worked again. Cranio sacral therapy was spot on. I will definitely return.”
S K Dubash, August 2007
“Chiva-Som is the gold standard by which all destination spas are measured. Its name is a mantra among the spa-faithful, who have been won over by its one-to-one ratio of therapists to guests, amazing treatment list, and its peaceful setting. Whatever the motivation for dedicating yourself to a spa, Chiva-Som can fit the bill.”
Harpers Bazaar: Travel Guide 2007
Collette Dinnigan at Chiva-Som, luxury spa resort
“Chiva-Som is a luxury spa resort south of Bangkok. It is my haven. I have been twice and I am really hoping to go again soon. The food is all organic; its just sensational. I have three big meals a day, no alcohol for a week, a massage each day and do very little else. It’s a beautiful environment and peaceful, relaxing, energising and health. I feel very comfortable when I’m there by myself; they leave you alone but the level of service is even better than Asia’s usual high standards.”
Collette Dinnigan in The Sun-Herald 2007
“[Ken Rosen] treated my husband Robert Lau for his terrible nicotine addiction and after having smoked for the past 20 years, he has stopped since receiving treatment from you in August which is AMAZING!! I’m so glad we spent time with you at Chiva-Som!”
Chinn Neo 2007
“The most enthralling part of the resort is definitely the outdoor pool with a view of Hua Hin beach… Mobile phones and laptops are not allowed in public areas and only guests aged above 16 years are welcome. Talk about escape.”
Review Asia 2007
“I recently spent 10 days at Chiva-Som, and had the most extraordinary experience. It’s like Club Med for holistic junkies; there is everything you could want to explore and experiment with, a great nuturing environment.”
Elle Macpherson 2007
International standards and Thai values deliver personalised wellness programs for lasting health”
Destination Spa Vacations Magazine 2007
“With a staff to guest ratio of five-to-one and a long-established Thai tradition of hospitality, the menu of spa services is exceptional and the spa cuisine fantastic.”
The 50 Best Spas. The Independent 2007
“As a destination spa, has two dedicated spa restaurants for its captive audiance of health-conscious in-house guest. The whole concept of Chiva-Som is to encourage a healthy and balanced long-term approach to health and weight management.”
SpaCuisine. Arabian Travel News 2007
“We wanted to thank you VERY MUCH for magical sessions we had with you in Chiva-Som. They really made a MIRACLE – no more headaches for already 2 months!”
Wellbeing Holiday Resorts Include:
Absolute Sanctuary Resort,
Como Shambhala Resort,
Chiva-Som Health Resort,
Maldives Cocoa Island Resort, Longevity Wellness Resort, Pangkor Laut Resort, Parrot Cay Ayurvedic Resort.
Find us at:
Wellbeing Holidays Limited
8 The Glebe
Call us now on: 01892 824647
09.30 - 17.30 Monday to Friday
11.00 - 17.00 Saturdays
(Closed Bank Holidays and Public Holidays)